Thursday, October 4, 2007

So much for being a food blog...

Well, we're 6 posts deep into this alleged food blog and we haven't had a single post that so much as hints at a meal we've eaten in the past two months.

But that doesn't mean we haven't been eating well. Tonight our host Mary made fried pork chops with a pasta and mozzarella salad. She said the recipe called for camembert, but I thought the fresh mozzarella was nice.

And we have had several other meals of note leading up to our departure.

- at .

- Lasagne and Flatiron steak at my parents' house.

- Focacetta (fried focaccia dough) at my grandparents' new house.

- and focaccia, at Kate and David's apartment, right before our redeye flight. I'm not sure if the bacon was from the Speranzas' pig or just Fletchers, but the eggs were freshly laid on their farm. Homegrown eggs are a much deeper yellow than store-bought, and these seemed to make the carbonara heartier and stickier as well.

So there's some food content for you. Of course, I haven't gotten around to actually taking any pictures of food yet. But I do have this picture of focaccia that looks strikingly like the focaccia we enjoyed the other night. So I've got that going for me. Which is nice.

No comments: